Sam Harris is better than you for many reasons, but given that I cannot list them all here, I’ll simply settle for this list of 5:
1. Sam Harris has a flower in the top right corner of his Q&A videos. The flower exemplifies Sam Harris’ delicate state of mind when constructing arguments.
2. Sam Harris meditates. Be mindful when debating, or much less socializing with someone who meditates. Harris has undoubtedly used some form of hypnosis in his debates. If you’ve debated Harris and don’t recall such a thing being done, then my point is proven.
3. Sam Harris has a better smile than you. If there is anything that can be deemed as an unfair advantage during a debate, Sam Harris’ smile has to be one of them. Even Deepak Chopra couldn’t help but try to win Sam’s affection over during “The Future of God Debate.”
4. Sam Harris is more articulate than you. You may not agree with what Sam Harris says, but you sure as hell must agree that he says it well. If you claim that you can articulate an argument better than Harris, then you must be Harris himself (in which case I say hello Mr. Harris).
5. Sam Harris argues with Daniel Dennett. Pretty much everyone should gain points for arguing against Daniel Dennett, but Harris simply does it well (and often sarcastically).